Yoga Philosophy & Traditional Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
This course is for anybody who wants to deepen their knowledge of traditional Yoga philosophy to enhance your Yoga teaching. You will gain invaluable tools and resources to manage your classes and bring forth an invaluable aspect of the true path of Yoga as it is, from its roots, history, lineages and tradition. Your refreshed Yogic perspective will open up your potential in your Yoga teaching, paying this ancient teaching forward, in truth, far beyond the asana.
Yoga Beyond Asana
You will leave this course with:
Deep understanding of Yoga Philosophy
Deep understanding of traditional Yoga Nidra
Experience of integrating Yoga philosophy into your life
Greater potential within your Yoga teaching
Experience of transcending asana
A stronger base to teach all aspects of Yoga
More profound self practice of Yoga and life
Comprehensive understanding of the human personality from a Yogic perspective
High level of confidence in yourself and your teaching
An invaluable experience
Yoga Philosophy and Traditional Yoga Nidra
~ Transcending Your Teaching Beyond the Asana ~
Studying texts from multiple lineages and philosophies within Yoga, such as Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Bagavad Gita & the Yoga Upanishads, you will develop a holistic perspective of Yoga philosophy in its truth. This course goes far beyond where a 200 hour baseline Yoga teacher training course can take you and is specifically designed for those who wish to develop their teaching and practice in alignment with Yoga in its simplest form.
Including asana, pranayama and meditation, these practices are all backed up through the eyes of Philosophy. At the end of the course you will view these practices with a new lens of meaning and purpose. Taking you through different branches of Yoga such as Jnana, Bhakti and Kama Yoga your understanding will grow and develop to a space where you will be clear, precise and on point in your Yoga teaching.
Ancient Indian spiritual masters formulated Orthodox and Heterodox schools of Philosophy to gain ultimate liberation and happiness. This course is centered on two Orthodox schools, Yoga and Vedanta. To assimilate the truth reveled in Yoga and Vedanta one needs a calm, learning and contemplative mind. This shall be developed through Yoga and Yoga Nidra, where your presence will become more grounded and rooted, and your experience more centred and truthful.
“After the course you will be a rooted and matured person” – Arya Ji.
“Hatha Yoga, Asana, and Pranayama are ultimately intended for developing the quality of human consciousness, not just the mind or body. The goal is not just to simply practice Yoga but to inherently experience Yoga”
(Hatha Yoga Pradipika).
Morning Igniting Practice:
This is the main practice of the day. Combining the practices of asana, pranayama and meditation you will start to develop a seamless practice that weaves the simple, yet profound, practice of Yoga together, within the body, breath and mind connection. You will harness the empowerment of concentration and awareness towards becoming master of your own mind, and thus your decisions, your actions and your life.
This is where we will dive in deep to Yoga philosophy and you will be able to insulate your teaching and practice with the very truth of Yoga, from a philosophical standpoint. Learning from Arya within a small group, is the best part. You will be able to ask all the questions that have been burning in your mind for some time. This is where you will not only learn the very depth of Yoga philosophy, but understand how to integrate it into your teaching and all areas of your life, effortlessly. With the guidance and discussions of this training you will see Yoga with new eyes.
Evening Nurturing Practice: Evening practice includes Yoga Nidra. Yoga Nidra is the gentle practice whereby you access the states of consciousness between waking and asleep. Yoga Nidra is nourishing and wholesome in its very nature, restful and effortless in its practice.
This course will take you through a journey like no other. You will get the chance to get to know yourself, to come home to yourself and most importantly to nurture, nourish and love yourself whole hardheartedly. This is where heart meets human and human meets soul.
This is a very traditional teacher training that embodies Yoga in all aspects. Being hosted in a humble homestay venue in the Himalaya mountains of Manali, you will be surrounded with the perfect environment to endow yourself with your higher, inner, deeper self. The self that detaches from the amista (ego mind).
- Eswara, the Universal Consciousness
- Ashtanga Yoga:
- Yama, Niyama, Asana and Pranayama
- Meaning and purpose of Pratyahara and Dharana
- Meaning and purpose of Dhyana
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Gheranda Samhita
- Yoga Upanishads
- Bhagavad Gita
- Story and important characters of Mahabharata
- Background pictures of the Bhagavad Gita
- Summary on the 18 chapters of the Bhagavad Gita
- Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga
- Three qualities of mind Satva, Rajas and Tamas
- Body level, Verbal level and mental level austerities
- Qualities to be cultivated for spiritual progress
- Qualities of an Enlighten Master
TRADITIONAL YOGA NIDRA
- Meaning, Scope and Application of Yoga Nidra
- Steps in Yoga Nidra practice
- Preparing a Yoga Nidra session
- Your preparation as a teacher
- The art of teaching
- Student’s preparation
- Your lifestyle as a Yoga Nidra Master
- Meaning purpose and application
- Chakra based meditation
- Meditation on saints
- Yoga Nidra
PRACTICES FOR ENTIRE COURSE
- Traditional Yoga Nidra
- Spiritual reflection
Course Experience Includes
Experiencing is fundamental to learning
This course offers you the time to slow down and work on bringing yourself back into the essence of Yoga. On a practising level, you will dive deeper into the epitome of ancient and traditional Yoga, from its roots.
On a teaching level, you will significantly enhance your teaching toolbox, key understanding and art of teaching from traditional roots. You will widen your offering and have a more profound ability to teach and share the truth of Yoga.
- Invaluable experience to your Yoga practice and teaching journey
- 3 home cooked meals a day (on residential courses)
- 11 nights accommodation
- 100 Hour of Yoga education
- Daily Asana, Pranayama, Meditation Practice
- Yoga Nidra Practice
- Learning materials ( Manual and Yin asana guidebook)
- Welcome Bag
- Yoga Alliance CDP Certification
- Unforgettable experience
- Theory and interactive learning
- Art of teaching / Teaching methodology
- Inspirational and positive learning environment
- One on one time with the teacher
- Developing self- practice from physical body into mental and emotional sphere
- Life long relationships
- Experience the Himalaya mountains
*In the middle of the courses there is one day off / self study
What you will gain from this course:
- A 100 Hour YACEP certification (Yoga Alliance Continuing Educational Provider)
- Follow a true path in Yoga
- Confidence in yourself and your ability
- Incredible insight into Yoga philosophy, traditions and lineages
- New perspectives on what Yoga means in your life
- Fresh perspective for transformed Yoga teaching
- Fresh perspective on the meaning of asana
- Strong understanding of mind-body-breath connection
- Tools and resources to teach Yoga in its truth
- Be able to teach confidently Yoga beyond asana
- Broaden your teaching expertise with in-depth knowledge
- Have a strong ability in how to adapt Yoga classes with ancient roots
- An invaluable gateway to self development
- Opportunities to practice your teaching skills
- Have tools to facilitate a practice that leans towards holistic health and wellness
“Arya has such a wise and gentle way of expressing the true teachings of this ancient tradition, Yoga. He always made sure that questions were answered and was very kind in his teaching. He invited you to ask questions and feel included and was more than happy to go over any content again to help you understand. Arya has such deep knowledge and is a very inspirational teacher to learn from”
June 15 – 25 – India Himalaya
Yoga Philosophy And Traditional Yoga Nidra