100 Hour Yoga Philosophy Teacher Training
5 Koshas and Life Management
This course is for anybody who wants to deepen their experience of life with Yogic values. Whether you are a teacher or a practitioner, you will gain invaluable tools and resources to manage the ebb and flow of life from a Yogic perspective. This course is for anybody who wants to integrate the Yogic values into their life to embrace Yoga as it is.
Yoga Beyond Asana
You will leave this course with:
Deep understanding of Yoga Philosophy
Deep understanding of 5 Koshas
Experience of integrating Yoga philosophy into your life
Experience of transcending asana
A stronger base to teach all aspects of Yoga
More profound self practice
Comprehensive understanding of the human personality from a Yogic perspective
High level of confidence in yourself and your teaching
An invaluable experience
Life Management Through Yogic Principles
~ 5 Koshas of Life ~
You are manager of your life. While interacting with people you are a public relation officer, a financial manager while handling money, a managing director while taking important decisions. You are all in! For a happy life you have to be successful in all these roles.
Yoga looks at human personality from from five different perspectives, presented as the 5 Koshas (5 sheaths):
1. Annamaya Kosha (food sheath)
2. Pranamaya Kosha (vital energy sheath)
3. Manomaya Kosha (mental sheath)
4. Vijnanamaya Kosha (Intellectual sheath)
5. Anandamaya Kosha (blissful sheath)
The 5 Koshas are than Yoga, they are the intricacies of the very complex life, made simple in the very basis of returning home to the epicentre of life itself. This course is centered on simple life changing principles through integrating Yoga beyond asana into your life. This course is for anyone who wants to develop their Yoga Journey from the very roots of Yoga; the philosophy behind the movement, the principles behind the lifestyle, the transcendence of the asmita (ego mind).
Whether a Yoga teacher or a practitioner, this course is open for all.
“After the course you will be a more practical person, following successfully in all walks of life” – Arya Ji.
Morning Igniting Practice:
This is the main practice of the day. Combining the practices of asana, pranayama and meditation you will start to develop a seamless practice that weaves the simple, yet profound, practice of Yoga together, within the body, breath and mind connection. You will harness the empowerment of concentration and awareness towards becoming master of your own mind, and thus your decisions, your actions and your life.
This is where we will dive in deep to the 5 Koshas and you will be able to insulate your practice with the very truth of Yoga, from a philosophical standpoint. Learning from Arya, and with a small group, you will be able to ask all the questions that have been burning in your mind for some time. This is where you will not only learn the very depth of Yoga, but understand how to make integrate it into all areas of your life, effortlessly. With the guidance and discussions of this training you will see Yoga with new eyes.
Evening Nurturing Practice: Evening practice includes Yoga Nidra. Yoga Nidra is the gentle practice whereby you access the states of consciousness between waking and asleep. Yoga Nidra is nourishing and wholesome in its very nature, restful and effortless in its practice.
This course will take you through a journey like no other. You will get the chance to get to know yourself, to come home to yourself and most importantly to nurture, nourish and love yourself whole hardheartedly. This is where heart meets human and human meets soul.
This is a very traditional teacher training that embodies the foundations of Yoga in all aspects. Being hosted in a humble homestay venue in the Himalaya mountains of Manali, you will be surrounded with the perfect environment to endow yourself with your higher, inner, deeper self. The self that detaches from the ego.
YOGIC PHYSIOLOGY AND ANATOMY
- Three bodies :- Gross, Subtle and causal bodies.
- Five sheaths :- Food sheath, Vital force sheath, Mind sheath, Intellectual sheath and Bliss sheath.
- Nadis — Energy Channels
- Chakras — Intersecting channels of energy channels.
- Name, location and personality significance of each chakra.
PANCH KOSHAS – FIVE SHEATHS
ANNAMAYA KOSHA – FOOD SHEATH
The Physical Sheath
- Balanced series of asanas
- Healthy food habits
- Art of teaching and preparing class
- 6 Groups of Yogic practices to clean the body
- Pratyahara, Dharana, Meditation Practices
PRANAMAYA KOSHA :- VITAL ENERGY SHEATH
The Energy Sheath
- 5 Major Pranas; location & physiological function
- Yogic practices to get good prana from nature
- Pranayama practices to strengthen the Prana
- Warming Pranayama and Cooling Pranayama
MANOMAYA KOSHA – MENTAL SHEATH
Body – Heart – Mind
- Cultivating healthy attitudes
- Karma Yoga — To purify the heart
- Applied Karma Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga — To balance emotions
- Types of devotion
- Eswara – Universal consciousness
VIJYANSMAYA KOSHA — INTELLECTUAL SHEATH
Logic, Reasoning and Decision Making Ability
- Practical ways of living
- General guidelines for peaceful living
- Dharana — Practice of gazing
- Dhyana — Meditation
- Mantra based Meditation, Prana based Meditation, Sound based Meditation, Silence as Meditation, Chakra based Meditation, Meditation on Saint
ANANDAMAYA KOSHA – BLISSFUL SHEATH
- Nobel qualities to be cultivated for happiness as revealed in the Bhagawad Gita
- Qualities of enlightened masters
- Jynana Yoga
- Study and reflection of spiritual scriptures
Course Experience Includes
Experiencing is fundamental to learning
This course offers you the time to slow down and work on bringing yourself back into the essence of Yoga. On a practising level, you will dive deeper into the epitome of ancient and traditional Yoga, from its roots.
On a teaching level, you will significantly enhance your teaching toolbox, key understanding and art of teaching from traditional roots. You will widen your offering and have a more profound ability to teach and share the truth of Yoga.
- Invaluable experience to your Yoga practice and teaching journey
- 3 home cooked meals a day (on residential courses)
- 11 nights accommodation
- 100 Hour of Yoga education
- Daily Asana, Pranayama, Meditation Practice
- Yoga Nidra Practice
- Learning materials ( Manual and Yin asana guidebook)
- Welcome Bag
- Yoga Alliance CDP Certification
- Unforgettable experience
- Theory and interactive learning
- Art of teaching / Teaching methodology
- Inspirational and positive learning environment
- One on one time with the teacher
- Developing self- practice from physical body into mental and emotional sphere
- Life long relationships
- Experience the Himalaya mountains
*In the middle of the courses there is one day off / self study
What you will gain from this course:
- A 100 Hour YACEP certification (Yoga Alliance Continuing Educational Provider)
- Follow a true path in Yoga
- Confidence in yourself and your ability
- Incredible insight into Yogic values of life
- New perspectives on what Yoga means in your life
- Fresh perspective on the meaning of asana
- Strong understanding of mind-body-breath connection
- Strong connection to your Yoga teaching and practising journey
- Be able to teach confidently Yoga beyond asana
- Broaden your teaching expertise with in-depth knowledge
- Have a strong ability in how to adapt Yoga classes with ancient roots
- An invaluable gateway to self development
- Opportunities to practice your teaching skills
- Have tools to facilitate a practice that leans towards holistic health and wellness
“Arya has such a wise and gentle way of expressing the true teachings of this ancient tradition, Yoga. He always made sure that questions were answered and was very kind in his teaching. He invited you to ask questions and feel included and was more than happy to go over any content again to help you understand. Arya has such deep knowledge and is a very inspirational teacher to learn from”
June 1 – 11 – India Himalaya
Yoga and Life Management